1. Where is False River Hideaway located?
2. What should I bring with me?
3. Is the cabin handicap accessible?
4. Can I swim in False River?
5. Where do I park?
6. Is there a security deposit?
7. Can I park my boat in the water?
8. Where is the nearest boat launch?
9. How far is it from the cabin to restaurants and shopping?
10. Can I have a campfire?
1. Where is False River Hideaway located? False River Hideaway Cabin is located on False River, just 34 miles from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. False River is a 21-mile long lake offering fishing, boating, swimming, water skiing, and sailing. Just 2.2 miles outside the city limits of New Roads, Louisiana, False River Hideaway is near many things to see and do in Pointe Coupee Parish. The area is rich is history with many plantation homes for touring and many family-friendly events. For an interactive map, click on this link and scroll down to the False River Hideaway listing. At the end of the listing is an interactive map. http://www.discoverourtown.com/LA/New%20Roads/Lodging-1734.html
2. What should I bring with me? False River Hideaway Cabin is completely furnished with a fully equipped kitchen (including pots and pans, dishes, glassware, cooking and eating utensils), stove, refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Towels and linens are provided. Consider bringing the following:
- drinking water
- coffee, sugar, sweetners, tea bags, cold drinks, preprepared frozen foods, any grocery
items for your own preparation
- insect repellent
- ice chest for drinks to keep with you on your boat or outside on the fishing pier
- fishing rods and reels and tackle (live worms are available around the corner
at Jim's Place)
- paper plates, plastic cups and silverware (no dishes to wash)
- radio and/or CD player
- DVD movies (player built-in the TV)
- charcoal and starter for the barbecue
3. Is the cabin handicap accessible? A wheelchair can gain access to the front door of the cabin. The chair would have to go across natural terrain including grass and soil, and can enter through the front door. However, there is a step up into the living area, and a step down into the bedrooms. The French doors at the back provide room for the exit of a wheelchair, but there is a step down to the fishing pier. The cabin is not set up as handicap accessible.
4. Can I swim in False River? The cabin is located on an inlet less than 1/10 of a mile from the main lake. Swimming is not allowed in the inlet. Swimming is restricted to the main lake.
5. Where do I park? There is parking for up to three vehicles, one of which can be a boat and trailer, right in front of False River Hideaway Cabin.
6. Is there a security deposit? There is no security deposit required. However, the total amount due for your rental period is due prior to occupancy. When leaving False River Hideaway Cabin, please leave all dishes clean and put away, all trash put in provided plastic bags and left in outside receptacle. Towels and linens are not required to be washed. Leave the cabin in the order you found it, ready for dusting, vacuuming and sanitizing for the next guests.
7. Can I park my boat in the water? False River Hideaway Cabin is located on a natural inlet of False River. A pontoon boat, aluminum boat, bass boat and jet skis can be accommodated. Larger boats can tie off on the new boat dock, located just steps away from your back door.
8. Where is the nearest boat launch? There is a boat launch just around the corner at Jim's Place ($3 charge to launch). Another public launch is located at Satterfields in the town of New Roads, approximately 3 miles away, and another at Morels Restaurant in town.
9. How far is it from the cabin to restaurants and shopping? The City of New Roads is just 2.2 miles from the cabin, offering grocery stores, restaurants, antique and other shops for your enjoyment. Follow this link to see area attractions: http://www.falseriverhideaway.citymax.com/page/page/3524903.htm
10. Can I have a campfire? There is to be no outdoor campfires or any other open flame, other than lighting and using the barbecue grill in its designated use area.